Translate
Online Users

In total there are 6 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests

Most users ever online was 72 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

What is the best portal for phpBB3

General forum category...

Moderator: Staff

What is the best portal for phpBB3

PostAuthor: Mike » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:27 pm

This post endeavours to answer the above question by explaining the difference between all other phpBB3 portals and the Kiss Portal Engine...

• Kiss is the only fully integrated portal for phpBB3, all other portals simply provide one additional page (the portal), where blocks must be displayed, but with Kiss you can display portal blocks on any phpbb3 page and/or any mod page.
  • Individual Kiss block visibility can be set on a groups basis and a page basis...
  • The administrator can assign different blocks to different pages...
  • Access to Blocks, Menus (down to individual menu items) is set on a group based (one/many)...
  • Active blocks can be further arranges by each user using drag/drop and hide/show...
  • One set of template files for all style utilising the portal's own *common files code...
  • The entire mod can be disabled with one click...
*Common files code explained:
The common files code allows mod designers to avoid duplicating template files for every style installed... Simply add your new template files to the portal's common files folder and the Kiss Portal Engine will do the rest... The code pre-dates phpBB3's inheritance mod, it is simpler and requires no user intervention... If the template file is not found in the current style, the common file version is loaded automatically...

There is really no comparison...
If you want an integrated portal (with all the features), then it must be the Kiss Portal Engine...

PS, Kiss Portal was the first mod (let alone portal) written for ppBB3 and we are still here... that's dedication ;)
PPS, if Kiss didn't exist, I would probably opt for board3 portal ;)
Mike
Developer team leader
Developer team leader

Re: What is the best portal for phpBB3

PostAuthor: Prosk8er » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:07 pm

stargate portal is the first portal I ever installed for phpbb might have been the first mod I installed on phpbb3 also. I've been messing with phpbb since like 2005 started off with phpbb2 then phpnuke 7.6 and messed with that for a while then eventually switched to phpbb3 prolly when 3.0.6 was out or later then I came across sgp and been messing with that since then and now kiss portal it will be the only portal i'll ever use :) cant wait to use it on 3.1.0 when its released
Tyler
Proud Kiss Portal user on phpBB 3.0.14 + 1.0.20 (build 311-020)
Prosk8er
Senior Staff
Senior Staff

PostAuthor: Janicowell » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:24 pm

There are a few fair relies on upon your experience level. IM Portal, Simple Portal, Stargate Portal, Integra Mod3. It ought to be noted here that IntegraMod comes as of now with Phpbb I don't recall on the off chance that they have moved up to 3 or not. Stargate likewise accompanies Phpbb there agian not certain in the event that they have moved up to 3 or not. I have utilized IntegraMod and on the off chance that you can deal with the CrackBack mod you will do extraordinary with it.

Janicowell

PostAuthor: koby » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:20 am

Prosk8er wrote:stargate portal is the first portal I ever installed for phpbb might have been the first mod I installed on phpbb3 also. I've been messing with phpbb since like 2005 started off with phpbb2 then phpnuke 7.6 and messed with that for a while then eventually switched to phpbb3 prolly when 3.0.6 was out or later then I came across sgp and been messing with that since then and now kiss portal it will be the only portal i'll ever use :) cant wait to use it on 3.1.0 when its released

me too i like kiss portal most [thumbs]

koby

Return to General