Translate
Online Users

In total there are 9 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests

Most users ever online was 72 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest based on users active over the past 5 minutes

Last Online
In order to view the online list you have to be registered and logged in.

We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.

Click here to Register

Search

The file you requested Mike

If you can't install Kiss due to "Line can not be found" etc...
For Mod conflicts see: viewforum.php?f=61

Re: The file you requested Mike

PostAuthor: vlillie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:34 pm

Ok, No worries :-) I am a very patient lady.

Also, I have gone through most of my MODs and the file edits that they do manually and found that Safe GT was put into some files twice, maybe even three times. The files were double and triple edited by safe gt. So I went back through them manually and deleted the double and triple edits and got my Safe GT to work fine.

I don't know if this information would be of use, I hope so. :D

vlillie

PostAuthor: Mike » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:57 pm

It might very well be the problem... we will soon find out...

Prosk8er and myself are working on a few updates... but we will get around to sorting the problem as soon as we get a few minutes...

Just finished a beta for a new mod, been at it all day (since noon), so am a little tired... Old guys like me need lots of sleep ;)

I'm out tomorrow so it will be Saturday before I can help with the portal install...
Mike
Mike
Developer team leader
Developer team leader

PostAuthor: vlillie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Hey guys. Just checking on the status of everything.

vlillie

PostAuthor: Mike » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Because you manually removed the portal modules, make sure you backup the database if you did not do so before installing the portal... basically just have a working copy somewhere, you probably won't need it but just in case....

Manual edits can sometimes mess up stuff and I am paranoid about backups... :D

The normal procedure would be to just reinstall the portal but after you press the blue install bar see attached image:
2013-08-04_013439.jpg (159.4 KiB) Viewed 6910 times
the screen will indicate it's actually uninstalling see image:
db_uninstall.jpg (75.64 KiB) Viewed 6910 times
but that's perfectly normal...

Once it uninstalls we simply click on configure (top left) in the same window to refresh the page and then we can run the install process... see image:
db_install.jpg (86.79 KiB) Viewed 6910 times

Generally speaking AutoMod/UMIL can not uninstall database tables/entries added by a mod during the normal uninstall process... In fact, if automod provided the link to the original install and you clicked on it, it would safely remove the database entries as well... Strange they don't do that... :?

So to recap... We install the portal again but after clicking on the blue bar we have to uninstall (press Submit on the page), the click on configure to refresh the page and we can then run the install...

As I said before, make sure you have a database backup before we install again (that goes for every mod install)...
Install the portal again using the procedure above (do this when we are on line so we can assist)...

You will still have the layout messed up but at least I can see where the problem is (you may have fixed it with your recent edits/repairs)...

Capture the screen with the messed up layout if I'm not around... otherwise I can look at the site as see for myself... Should be able to spot where the problem lies...

To disable the portal if the layout is still messed up, simply disable it in the ACP > GENERAL > (Board configuration > Board settings)...
Mike
Mike
Developer team leader
Developer team leader

PostAuthor: Mike » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Just realised there's an alternative and preferred method if you did not delete the portal install folder.... If you browse to your_site/portal_install/index.php you can run the uninstall directly... That way when it comes to reinstall it, the process will be exactly as it was the first time you installed...

So, browse to your_site/portal_install/index.php and see if the page loads and if the uninstall option is checked... If it is, you can hit the Submit button to uninstall but as always, make sure you have backup of the database...

The uninstall will report the missing modules but will remove the rest... once it completes just go to the acp and reinstall the portal... If the layout is still messed up, just disable the portal as described in previous post and contact one of us...
Mike
Mike
Developer team leader
Developer team leader

Previous

Return to Kiss install conflicts